Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Boldness of a child

My son amazes me daily in so many ways but yesterday was awesome. We were driving home from school and he asked me "Mommy after you get baptised and you do something wrong do you go to Hell?" I said no, if you do something wrong then you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness and never do it again. Then as I cringed I said "What did you do?" "Nothing, but are you sure you don't go to Hell?" He asked again. I am sure Tyler.....what happened? My friend did something wrong today at school and he was sad. He wanted to pray so I prayed with him and this is what I said..."Lord please make him not do it again, give him another chance, he's sorry don't be mad at him" Then we got back in line and went outside to play. No fear, no shame, no questioning...just prayed! I asked him if his teacher saw this and he said yes and she cried. Amazing! Although Tyler is in public school this year which was a difficult decision for us, this is a huge payoff. His teacher is a christian and she was touched to see this show of compassion for another student. I couldn't express it enough to Tyler how proud I was of him.
What an awesome way to end my day!

No comments: