Sunday, March 8, 2009

Peace

I have been in turmoil the last few weeks. I have been dealing with several different family issues and my biggest problem was I was trying to fix other people. Problem is - I can't fix anyone. It hit me this morning when I was at church and the words came up on the screen "You are God alone". A peace came over me like I have not felt in a long time. I don't have to fix anything because long before I even knew these issues were coming - God did. He knows exactly how they are all going to play out and I have nothing to do except trust Him. I have felt so far away from God these last few weeks and that is all on me - when I get frustrated I stop praying, stop reading - just stop. Satan creeps in and lets me think all kinds of negative things and I let him. Until today. I know that my God is bigger than lies. Bigger than egos. Bigger than finances. He is just bigger and He is mine. I know the issues are not gone but I feel so much more prepared to deal with them now. Thank you Lord for showing me that today.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It is hard to be a nurturer by nature, and not do what you do best... no matter if it is out of your hands.

Praying for you!