Monday, July 6, 2009

Can you help?

I don't know how many people actually read this thing but if you are one of them please see if you can help!

My Dad started a counseling ministry a few months ago. Their grand opening was a few weeks ago and when I was there I listened to some of the staff talk about who they are ministering to. It is mostly single mothers, people struggling financially or just families down on their luck. I immediately thought "how can I help?" I am not so good at the counseling thing - I barely speak now to people I don't know for crying out loud. My heart still cried out so I just asked if they ever thought of doing a clothes closet where these families could go and get some desperately needed items for free. They all thought it would be a great addition to their ministry so here I go........I NEED DONATIONS!!! I have kept most of Tyler's clothing over the years just waiting to see if more children would come along. Even though I know there will be more in our near future I am going to donate these bags and bags of clothes to this cause. I know that there is a family out there that will need them more now than I will. They are not doing anyone any good just sitting in my attic. So in between work, baseball, family, church and life I will be organizing this new found mission of mine. I love to give back and I can't wait to be the hands and feet of Jesus to these families! Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

Lorinda - Are you going to collect for moms too? I have my 'skinny' clothes that I could donate since that 'skinny' would take a miracle for me to be again. :-)

Anonymous said...

I would love to help. I have clothes from both kids, sizes 6 to 8 for a girl and 10 to 14 for a boy. I mentioned this to my SS class and they would like to help also. Can you get in touch with me so I can ask more questions. Thanks.
Faris
fariswheatley@bellsouth.net