Monday, September 21, 2009

The call

We finally got the call we have been waiting for.....Home Study is approved! Only 5 months longer than we expected that to take but oh well. Not much you can do about it so why get upset. I have to say that I have been at peace through this entire process.

Whenever people ask me how it is going they always say "you must be so anxious"
But you know - I am not.
I am just at peace.
I know that God has a perfect plan for how this is all going to happen. He already knows the time and place that I will come to know my new children. He is preparing their hearts for us and our hearts for them. I pray for that every day. I just want them to know that we love them no matter what they have been through.

Now this isn't to say that I don't get excited about the possibility of having a little girl. One that I can buy dresses for and put ribbons in her hair. One that will just melt my heart when I look into her eyes. Or another boy full of life. One that loves to play hard and get dirty. One that will become a best brother for Tyler.
I get very excited for these things. But then I have to remember - it isn't up to me. I have no say in any of it. It has all been laid out for me and I am just walking the life that God planned. I sure wish I had listened to His call a lot sooner. Who knows how many kids we would have!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us through this - keep it up - we are not done yet.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yay!! I'm so thrilled that things are happening now for you guys. We will keep praying. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Love,
your BFF

Nicole @ Four Real said...

SO great Lorinda!!! PRAYING!