Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Easter!


We had a jam packed weekend with friends and family celebrating Easter. We had more planned than we were able to get done and truly I don't know how one more thing could have been squeezed into another minute! We started the weekend out going to Grandaddy's and having an egg hunt....the staff went all out with hiding the eggs and candy. There were prizes for the most and least found eggs and cousin Randy won the most found with 26....he got an egg themed horseshoe game for the prize. We just hung out with Grandaddy for the afternoon and the weather cooperated beautifully.

Tyler on the hunt.....
basking in the spoils - they all couldn't wait to dig in!
Hey look what I found!
what a handsome group of boys....Randy, Tyler and Jared
That night we got the fire going and made some yummy smores.....everyone enjoyed that! The next day we had some company from Memphis....Uncle Richard, Mitzi and cousin Dee. We don't get to see them very often and I was so busy running around I didn't get to visit with them much but I am very glad they made the trip over to hang out with us....we love you!
This is my youngest niece Fiana Mae.....isn't she precious! She was just enjoying the sunshine and picking some grass...
Mimi had a neat surprise Saturday afternoon.....pony rides. They came right to the house and the boys got to ride for as long as they wanted. After a while the driver even handed over the reigns and they got to steer Sam. They really enjoyed this part of the day. Thanks Mimi!



We ended the evening off making Easter Cookies. It is a recipie that helps them understand the sacrifice that Jesus made for them. They got to "seal" the cookies in the oven overnight and in the morning they awoke to "empty" cookies. (they form a hollow middle - it was cool)

Tyler's Easter Basket...he is starting to collect cards just like his dad did at his age....oh boy!

We had some friends over for a egg hunt after Church Sunday afternoon as well as the cousins...again hunting way too much candy.

Of course I didn't get any pictures of us in our Easter outfits on my camera. We did take a family photo that my sister/photographer took and will be sending to me. I will post that when I get it, she takes great pictures even for those of us (me) that are not in any way photogenic!

No comments: