Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mad and Confused!

I'm Mad.

I got that call today from the social worker. Just to let us know that we need to be less restrictive on what we are willing to do.

Excuse me? You want me to be less restrictive?

I already said that I don't expect a baby,
I already said that gender doesn't matter,
I already said that race is not an issue.

But I am still too picky?

HELLO! It's like we are standing with our arms open wide and no body is paying attention!

We decided that we have to protect our family so we are refusing to take emergency placements. These are children that have just been taken out of their homes. The only reason is because we have an 8 year old that we HAVE to protect. We don't know what issues these children have and we are not willing to risk bringing something into our home that will harm our one and only child. For this we are being too picky? I don't think so - for this we are being good parents! Just what the foster system says they need. Right?

Keep praying for us. We are feeling very defeated right now and just don't see any positive things happening for this adoption process. We are going to stick to our guns and not give in to pressures that will potentially harm our family. We feel like we are doing the right thing but we don't want to miss the chance for more children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys! Stacy Gongwer

Leigh said...

Hi. I just stumbled onto your blog through a link from stretchmarks blog (or really bad hair day...I think she changed the name!). Anywayyyyy, please don't give up hope! I was a foster care worker in GA for a few years and am now a happy adoptive mom. We tried to do foster care and could not believe how unhelpful the social workers were, after all that hoopla about "we need families" blah blah blah. We adopted our son through a Christian agency and had a wonderful experience. So wonderful, in fact, that I am doing a little work for them part time, just because I really believe in what they do. If you are finding only closed doors in front of you, don't give up....just turn a corner and see what else you find! Email me back any time if you want to chat!
(skarlet14@yahoo(dot)com)