Thursday, October 9, 2008

Have you ever....

Gone into the men's room in a rush to get a 2 year old to the potty before he pees his pants?

I now can add that to my list of things I have accomplished.

Last night during our weekly dinner with friends the 2 year old says "poppy, poppy". So since his mother was trying to eat and his daddy just sat there I snatched him up and ran toward the bathroom. I don't think I even looked at the doors. I walked into the bathroom in my rush of trying to get the little one on the potty so he could have success......walking past the two urinals on the wall should have been my first clue that I entered the wrong room.....but nope I just kept going to the one stall. (Men's rooms really only have one stall!)
I put the little guy on the potty but we were too late, his diaper was already wet and he wanted down. Bummer.

Then I hear my son and his friend come in laughing and say "Mommy, did you know you were in the boys bathroom?"

What

Now it all makes sense. The two urinals - Those are not for Mommy's to let their boys go potty while they go into the one stall.
The waiter - who kept looking at me very funny as I went into the boys bathroom but said NOTHING!

I was just very thankful that when I went in to this men's restroom - it was empty.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Thank you for trying to help poor Matthew go potty. It was really funny though watching you go into the wrong bathroom.