Thursday, October 2, 2008

Here we go!

This post has been a long time in the making.

We are going to adopt again! We got the call today to start the process.

It took a while to see how we were supposed to do this. We almost went with an agency. We had all of the paper work filled out and ready to mail. It kept sitting on the table and I would say - oh tomorrow I need to mail that! I just never mailed it in. Then we heard about a group that met at church once a month for adoption support. The second meeting we went to I invited my friend - she needed to hear what this lady from the state had to say. She was going to foster to adopt through the department of childrens services- but not me....I didn't need to hear any of it because I already had my paper work filled out. Then Charlie kept asking questions and I kept thinking - wow he really is inquisitive. Good for him. I sure hope "my friend" is listening to these questions - it's probably stuff she will need to know. But not me.

Then God started showing me what He wanted. He showed it through Charlie - again. Charlie heard what the lady from the state said and he listened - unlike me. He said it felt just like it did when we adopted Tyler. So the only thing I had left to do was pray. I didn't hear an answer right away and really thought we were supposed to go through this agency that I had chosen. I tried to make it so - but I realized that isn't the plan.

We are going to adopt through the department of children's services - again. The social worker that called said she remembered us and our case, even though she was not our social worker at the time. She said "you were blessed." Oh she really has no idea how blessed! I know it won't be as easy as it was the first time. From start to finish it was 7 months and in adoption world that is amazing. What I do know is that with God in control of it - I will be given the perfect child/children and our family will be complete.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

We'll be praying!
~H

Tonya Lee said...

Oh Lorinda, we will cover you in prayers! You 2 are and will be amazing parents!

Photos by Design said...

wow! you must keep me posted! I miss our phone calls in the morning that keep me filled in with such information!