Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daddy's boy

Lately Tyler has been wanting to take bubble baths. Due to the lack of actual bubbles he has been using his shampoo to make the bubbles. This is all fine and good until we try to take a shower. Those left over bubbles make the porcelain tub like a sheet of ice and both daddy and I have almost ended up in the ER. When you are half awake getting into a shower that is that slick it makes for a dangerous combination. Due to that fact - I had to ban the shampoo bubble baths. He was begging for something "fun" to do while in the tub so after digging around in the linen closet I found a can of superman foam soap. Here use this! It's even better than bubbles! He did and had a great time making all sorts of creations with the foam, even a foam beard. He came out of the tub with the beard, walked around very proud of it then disappeared back into the bathroom - I thought to wash it off. He kept calling "Mommy come look!" I was busy cleaning out a cabinet so I kept putting him off. I finally stopped what I was doing and went to "look".

What did I find when entering the bathroom?

Tyler - shaving off that foam beard....with a real razor!

I was too horrified to think to take a picture but it was funny to see him using his daddy's razor to shave. I warned him (in between the giggles) what a dangerous thing it was but silently I was smiling that he wanted to be just like daddy.

1 comment:

The Aldrich's said...

I know exactly how you feel. Austin is always using shampoo also. And you do not realize it until you step in. I love the shaving story. So cool. I love how boys want to be "Just like dad". I can remember when Austin was two or three he was super quiet and I caught him dressing up in his dad's clothes. Such a fun moment.