Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I have to admit - I have been in a cooking slump. I have had no desire to cook at all and tomorrow is Thanksgiving people!

Last night I tried and tried to make my list. I would put things on it and then realize - oh if I buy that I have to cook it too - scratch, scratch. With my very short list in hand I went to the grocery today. I walked around, tried to dodge the bazillion people who waited until today to get their food too, and get in the cooking spirit.

Nothing.

I got home, unpacked the few things I actually did buy and started on the rolls that I promised my mother I would make. Thank you Lord for a bread machine - that's all I'm sayin.

Then I opened the cabinet that holds all of the cookbooks. Pulled one out. Opened it. Turned to the cookies. Oh peanut butter - haven't made those in a while. Pulled out all of the ingredients and went to makin some cookies. Never have I used honey in peanut butter cookies but it is good Ya'll! So with this small accomplishment I decided to take on some pumpkin bars. This is something I have never made and since I bought two gigantic cans of pumpkin I might as well make something. I Finished the bars and still have a half can of pumpkin - hmmmm. Pumpkin bread AND muffins.

I started all of this around 3 and I am just now sitting down at 7.

My feet hurt, I am covered in flour but tomorrow - my men will love me even more!

So I am thankful tonight that I could get in the cooking spirit even when I didn't think I could.

1 comment:

A Joyful Mom said...

I was right there with ya sista! But even after many attempts I just couldn't get into cooking like I usually do. I missed my family too much. Our pumpkin pie still remains untouched. We are moving on and getting a cmas tree instead WOOP!

ps~ my word verification for this post if FROTIVE which sounds like it could be an adjective...