Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Fun

Every year we go the farm and get the pumpkin
Then we carve it into whatever Tyler picks. We have a book that has different patterns in it and each year Tyler picks one. The bad part is, all the "easy" patterns - yeah we did those already. All that is left in the book are "moderate" and "hard".
Let me just say that moderate IS hard.
But we did it anyway
Daddy is always the cutter of the top and the goo scooper
Then Tyler squishes the goo
Then I carve the pattern
That's our ritual and we like it...
No that really isn't Billy Ray - but everyone thought so.
He did scare small children - it was funny.
We went to our church's Fall Festival this year. We didn't have this last year and at the time I thought it was devastating. I don't think that anymore.
Next year we are going to go back to hitting the streets and doing the door to door thing like we all know and love.
We may even throw a party - who knows.

This was Tyler's favorite game of the night....and he didn't even get candy at the end.



2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Your pumpkin turned out great! Danny's not very festive about holidays so we usually don't get to carve a pumpkin. We did it when I was a kid though so I think I'm going to bring it back next year. Competition? Ha ha.

The Aldrich's said...

Very cool costumes and i love the pumpkins. Great job. There is nothing like going door to door. I'm sure you enjoy that next year. Happy fall!