Thursday, May 22, 2008

The End

This week marks the end of quite a few things in our house....
1st Grade: This year we didn't plan on sending him to public school but due to unforseen circumstances we ended up pulling him out of the school he went to for Kindergarden (with many tears shed) and put him in our local public school. This scared me to death. I'm a little controlling when it comes to Tyler's environment. I didn't think I could do that if he went to public school. What would he learn from the other kids, would he hang out with the wrong croud, would he get picked on? Then I realized HE was the one that was going to be an influence on those I was worried about influencing him. He got to share Jesus with several of his classmates on the playground, He got to pray with one friend who had gotten in trouble in class and just needed to ask forgivness, He got to invite friends to church that had never gone before. I had it all backwards - but Tyler had it right! G-Force:
This is our Wednesday night group of 1st graders at church. He really liked G-Force and the friends he has there. He has been going to church with the same group of boys since they were babies and they are all "tight"! On the last night every year they have soap box derby races. I have no idea why they are called that - I am sure there is a perfectly good reason - I just don't care. He didn't win - didn't even come close because we didn't understand the fundamentals of what needed to be done to the car to make it go faster than all the other cars. Next year we have a goal - win a trophy for the race AND best design. He already is drawing out schetches for his - just wait.

Baseball:

His team didn't do as well as I predicted but Tyler did better. He is the second youngest on his team of 12 players and he is ranked (by stats of course) #4. He made it as the alternate for the All Stars for his leauge. He really made some tremendous strides with his game play. He understands the game a lot better and wants to win!

Piano:

Our weekly lessons are done until the fall. The teacher is one of our Church Staff wives and she will be very busy with different camps our church sponsers. It is a well needed break from the weekly lessons and a time to really practice what we have learned this year.

I don't know what I am going to do with all of this free time in the evenings? I am going to feel lost without somewhere to go and something to do everynight! I think for now I am going to sit back and enjoy it. Tomorrow we head on our annual trip to Six Flags Kentucky. We started this tradition 3 years ago and we love it so much we go every year. This year Tyler is tall enough to go on some rides we have been waiting a very long time to ride - The Tornado being one.

Can't wait to show you all of our fun!

No comments: