Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend Trip

Our annual trip to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom was a BLAST! This year we invited our friends to come along with us. I am so glad they did!
Tyler was tall enough this year to ride a lot of the rides for the first time. He is not a go fast, turn circles and go upside down ride kind of kid. He likes them to go straight and slow. We did talk him into trying some of the rides that he was NOT thrilled about going on. He tried everything - once. That was enough for him. Once my friend even told him it was either hold daddy's shoes or ride the ride. He chose to ride.

He loves him some Daffy Duck!
The characters come out while you are waiting for the park to open and dance and take pictures.
This is my favorite character!
A rare picture of us.....

Ok - this ride looked like it would be nothing. It went around in a circle then slowly turned and you were going around upside down. No problem - ok problem. I wasn't tall enough for my feet to actually touch the platform to hold yourself in the sitting position. I was tossed all around and finally had to completely lay down and press my feet against the front of the car so I would stay still. I thought my sweet friend was going to peeeee her pants laughing so hard!

This was a strength test - Tyler's score - 52
Daddy's score - 55. You think I could send that into the doctor let them know how weak he is getting?
The first of many rides that Tyler tried only once....
He loves water. Plain and simple. He could swim all day - figuratively of course because he actually has no swimming skills what so ever.
We ended the day in the water and all were exhausted. We went back to the hotel for them to swim some more at the hotel pools. I just don't know where they got their energy.



The next day we met up with an old friend that moved to Louisville about a year ago. We get to see her when she comes back home to visit but it was nice to catch up with her.

After dinner we found some batting cages and miniature golf. Even though the bats were not real bats - they were more like long pieces of heavy aluminum that had been sent through and shaving machine to resemble bats - Tyler did good.


Daddy proved to be the best miniature golfer by beating us all.
Back home to Nashville - with a new friend.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ability to stay on top of current events and posting to keep everyone updated .....well..... puts me to shame! lol I do love seeing the updates, and I know I should do better! Me

Tabitha said...

This trip was so much fun! Thanks for inviting us along. Can't wait to do it next year with some little ones in tow.