Friday, June 13, 2008

How I spent my 30 minute lunch break in 1.5 hours

I got to got To Pump It Up to keep an eye on children on my lunch break. We had a blast! This was the fun part of my day. Then just as it was time to go the sky opened up and it started to POUR down rain. The parking lot is quite far from the door so by the time I got to my car I was very, very wet. I had not eaten yet and knew I couldn't make it through the rest of the afternoon without something. There is a fast food "establishment" across from my office so I thought I will just go through the drive through and grab a quick bite. I pull in behind a truck. I sit there looking at the menu deciding what delectable item I could order that would make my stomach turn somersaults later. The truck is still sitting there - not moving. Still not moving. So I try to peer in - not easy to do when it is pouring by the way. This truck that looks like it should only be able to hold 3 grown men in it has 6....each one making a separate order! Good Night! If it were not raining I really would have pulled out and parked it and ran in but my hair is already starting to get the frizz thing going and I couldn't risk it. So I wait. Finally the truck pulls on to the window to pay and I get to order my sandwich. I pull around and there it is again just sitting there! Each man had to pay - separately! Seriously? Seriously! So I wait. After hours - ok minutes that seemed like hours - go by they finally complete their transaction and I get to the window. The window opens and the cashier recites what I owe and then promptly sneezes into her hand. I know I am getting change back so I am already contemplating on how to get it without actually touching it. Not an easy task. Now mind you she only sneezed into one hand - the other sneeze free hand would have been the best choice to hand me back my change. She didn't seem to think so. I just sat there looking at the money - then at her - then the money. Ok - gently - take the corner - don't touch it - throw it in the seat - douse it with antibacterial gel - GROSS! It is still sitting there. I don't know if I will ever be able to touch it. I may just leave it and let my husband think I forgot money in the seat....he sees money in the seat he will snatch it up so fast....is that mean?

No comments: