Tuesday, June 24, 2008

VBS

Well we are two nights into VBS and I don't want to quit. That is a good thing since I am directing it this year. Not really though, I have the title but my friend TJ is really doing all the work. She tries to say she isn't - but we all know she is.

I always loved VBS as a kid. Loved seeing all my friends for a week of fun together at church.

See I was not allowed to do much as a kid. I couldn't even play across the street. I Had to stay in my yard and that was not very much fun since the triplets across the street had a trampoline - and back in the day you were the coolest kid on the planet if you had a trampoline. I think I got to jump on it once - and if my Mom is reading this - know she knows. So getting to spend an entire week with people I usually and normally wouldn't be allowed to - all in the name of Jesus was GREAT! I was a rebel.

Anyway - this is probably my first and last year in the directors seat. Working full time really doesn't allow you to pour what you need into it. I will be happy next year going back to the craft room and helping them glue, paint and scratch their little hearts out.

One thing that is the same no matter where you serve - I am very tired.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Love the new look!

Unknown said...

Lorinda, let me just say, you're doing a GREAT job!! You compliment Tracey well and the two of you balance each other out. I'm really enjoying seeing you work together and I'm having a BLAST!!! My "assignment" this year has stretched me in ways I NEVER imagined. I questioned God AND Tracey AND Donna BIGTIME when I was asked to do the Worship Rally and Music. I'm a "behind the scenes" person by nature, but let me just say I'm LOVING IT! There's nothing like seeing those sweet little faces enjoying the worship time!!! I'm gonna be sad tomorrow night when there isn't anywhere to go...