Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Officially Over...

Tyler's first season in the 7/8 Coach Pitch is officially over. We had our party and no season is over until the party. Each player gets their props and Tyler's was 2nd most RBI's with a whopping 32! He also had the 3rd best batting average with a .653, 2nd in doubles with 10, all in 17 games, and he is the 2nd youngest player on the team. I know this is good but I still don't understand it all. My husband is the KING of stats....you name it - he has stats on it. He loves keeping up with Tyler's and I can tell you he has them from when he played T-Ball! It will be great to look back on them someday and see how he progressed...maybe then I will actually understand them!
This is his official baseball card for 2008. Yes, go ahead and ask him for his autograph...it's only gonna cost ya $5.

The Trophy...
The coach's and their youngsters. Now here is where I think "look how small Tyler is." But then other parents are shocked that he is only 7 and a young 7 at that. He only makes the cut off to play in this leauge by 5 days. I think he does really well to hold his own as being one of the youngest on the team....I may be slightly prejudice though.
The party place had some games. These games prizes consisted of many things but Tyler seemed to be collecting some bling. He went all gangsta on me at bedtime and wouldn't take them off....after going over the reasons why he couldn't wear them to bed he carefully took each one off, curled it up individually and layed each one on his night stand. The next morning he brought them both to me to put on again.
(Daddy is going to borrow the one on the left for this friday nights card night with the guys)
I am very happy to have this season ending. It was a great learning experience but we lost - a lot. We ended the season off with the last 4 games being nail bitters. They really came alive and wanted to be the champs - maybe next year.

No comments: