Monday, September 8, 2008

Not a good start....

We have this neighborhood mommy cat that has babies every six months. For some reason she always has them under our shed. I guess it's home to her. She must have had some over the last week or so because today when Charlie went out to get in his car they were all in our driveway. Without realizing it he ran over one of the babies. He called me to tell me to be careful when we left and don't touch it he would take care of it when he got home. When I went out to leave there were 6 kitties all around the driveway and the mommy cat was over on the side.



Tyler was all excited - mommy look at all the kitties.



Look at that one - he must be sleeping.



Yup he must be - get in the car.



As we pull out he gets a better look and says - mommy I don't think he is sleeping.



Then we hear this blood curdling kitty screech. I slam on the brakes. It doesn't stop.



Tyler screams - WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!



NO - stay put!



I put it back into drive and slowly pull forward. The screech stops. We sat there for a minute then I backed out of the driveway leaving behind another kittie "sleeping".



Two in one day!



Not a good start to our day

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

That is horrible! Poor little kittys have gone home to Jesus already. Are there any left behind? Maybe we can save one?

Anonymous said...

there just is no comment for that one. What a way to start your week. Poor little things.