Friday, January 30, 2009

Chick - A bad word?

Since the introduction of face book into my life I have neglected this blog.....but today Tyler gave me some blog worthy material.





Every morning while getting ready for work I listen to the radio. It is a Christian Contemporary station and "safe for the whole family" - in their words. I feel like anything on there is OK and I really don't have to worry about language, inappropriate topics, etc...





This morning Tyler was in the bathroom getting ready and when I came in to check on him he was just standing there listening to the song that was playing. If you are up on your Contemporary Christian it was Toby Mac's latest "Lose my Soul". He looks up at me and says:





"Mommy - there is a bad word in that song."


"What word"


"Chick"


"Chick isn't a bad word"


"ABOUT A GIRL!!!"


"OK -What does it say?"


"I'm gonna be a husband that saves the chick!"


(The real lyrics - I'm gonna be a husband that stays legit)





I could not convince him what the real lyrics were.





I feel good that we have raised our son to respect women!

No comments: