Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Speechless

One of our new years resolutions was to do a family devotional every day. We have been good about doing it and it stirs up interesting conversations like this one.....

Tonight's topic: "An Easy Load"

It was about letting God take your heavy burdens and worries.
The first question - "have you ever been given a job that was too hard for you?"

Tyler immediately says an enthusiastic "YES!".
M: Really? What was it.
T: Feeding the dog! I have to walk all the way out there and scoop his food, walk back to the kitchen and pour it in his dish then walk all the way back to the bag and put the cup away.
Just for the record - "all the way out there" means the next room.

That just left me speechless.

2 comments:

The Aldrich's said...

Their perspective on things are so amusing to me. My son always takes me by surprise. It was wonderful to get to meet you after reading your blog all the time. I felt like I already knew you and your family. Sorry you couldn't make it to lunch with us. Tabby is so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends.

A Joyful Mom said...

Too Funny