Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And now we wait

Yesterday concluded our home study visits. All that is left is for our social worker to enter all of our information into the computer and get it approved. For him to look good this needs to happen ASAP. They have a deadline of 60 days from the end of your PATH class to complete your homestudy. We are just about there. Whatever motivation works I am all for it.

We feel like the process hasn't really been that long. There was a two week break between classes and visits so we have been moving right along. Others in our class haven't even had their first visit so I am feeling pretty accomplished.

Charlie and I are both excited and aprehensive over the pending new children. My friend who is also a foster parent has had a very eye opening experience happen to her over the last two weeks which made me realize I need to really pray. Pray that God sends just the right child to us. Pray that we see it when he does. Pray we are picky but not too picky. Pray that all of my uncertainties are answered clearly. That is all I have left to do. Everything I had the power to do is complete - the rest is up to Him.

So hopefully the call will come soon and we will have great news of more children.
I personally cannot wait.

2 comments:

A Joyful Mom said...

I got butterflies just reading this! I'm very excited for you :)

Nicole @ Four Real said...

praying for you!