Saturday, April 18, 2009

He should be tired

Three games in 4 days......you would think this would wear him out.
Where is he right now?
In the backyard playing catch.
We finally got our first win as a team last night. It really helped with all of their confidence. We were getting pretty frustrated because we were only losing by 1 run every game. We were so close to winning but we would always have that one bad inning that just let the other team get a lead on us and we just couldn't catch up. Charlie made some changes to the line up and it really helped. We didn't seem to have that gap in our defense and they really played well.
This is my favorite picture of the entire day. The intensity on his face just says it all.

This video needs a little explaining. At the end of last season one of Tyler's teammates hit a ball out of the park. Since then that has been Tyler's goal too. Out of the park is 150 feet and to me seems really far. Every game this year Tyler inches closer and closer to hitting it out himself and today was the closest he came. Since I have no other duties this year except to take pictures and videos I want to get some good ones....last year most of the videos started off good but then when I tried to look and see where the ball went I never moved the camera so I would always get Tyler taking off and then a great still shot of home plate and nothing else. So this year I am determined to keep the camera on Tyler - but I have no idea what is going on with the ball. This hit was no exception. He hit it and everyone went crazy, when I had him rounding 1st Charlie was jumping up and down and the only reason I could think of for that is that Tyler finally hit one out. I even heard a loud thump and I thought maybe he hit the score board. He didn't hit the score board but he did hit the fence sign - HARD. So hard that the outfielders didn't even have to move. They just stood there and the ball bounced back so hard it went to one of them and they threw it to second. This got our pitching coach and Tyler so excited that the pitcher started to pitch a little to fast and Tyler swung a little to late. He did get a hit the next time but nothing like this one. I know that by the end of the season I will get to post a video of him hitting one out of the ballpark.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Way to go Tyler! Great hit today buddy.