Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I have gone to church my entire life. Sometimes you get a little knumb to what each holiday stands for and you go through the same traditions that you did as a child. So today we put on our Easter outfits and headed to church. We all know what today is - the day that Jesus rose from the dead and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father in Heaven waiting for us. I went there expecting to hear the same story told the same way - God was having no part of that.
A few weeks ago I started serving in a ministry called Stone Soup. This ministry is for the special gifted children at our church. The teacher of this class really knows his stuff and each week I am amazed at what I take away from it. He doesn't baby these people and treat them like they won't or can't understand. Today was no exception. He started from the beginning of the Easter story to tie it all together - all the way back to when Abraham had to sacrafice Issac to Jesus' ressurection. In one part inparticular God spoke to me. The teacher asked them who do you think hurt more - Jesus for taking on the physical pain or God for having to turn his back on Jesus so he could take on all of our sin? I had never really thought about it before but God suffered more - he had to not only send his son to die but then had to turn away from him while he did it. All of our sin was on Jesus and because God is so Holy he couldn't look on it. Wow. My entire life and I just got that today. That just showed me that each and every day is new and that I have so much more to learn!
After church we came home and did our traditions - I love them too!
Tyler got hooked up with some new Star Wars Legos

Then outside for an Easter Egg Hunt!

Next year he may not have so many eggs in the basket - hopefully he will have to share with a new brother or sister!

Since there was enough candy in the basket and I am not one to have it in the house I decided to fill the eggs with quartes, dimes and nickels.

He thought that was a great idea too.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Awww, he's so cute. He looks like a little man in these photos.