Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Interpreter

OK many of you who know Charlie know he was born and raised in Boston. He has a thick accent when he gets going. On occasion I have to interpret what he says so that others understand him. TodayI had to do it for Tyler.

We started a reward system for Tyler so every time he completes something deemed "marble worthy" he gets marbles put in a jar. When that jar is full he will get to chose what he wants for a reward - it can be either something just for him or a family outing. On the flip side when he disobeys he gets marbles taken out.
We had an episode today that was worthy of taking marbles out of the jar. Daddy explained to him about why he was getting the marbles taken out and that he was going to lose 10 marbles. (It was a pretty bad day) So Tyler says ok. On the way to the kitchen where the marble jar is kept he pulls on my arm and I lean down. He wispers in my ear "But Mommy, what is a maaaable?" Yes it was extremely difficult to keep a strait face but I did it. I said not maaable honey - marble. The look on his face said he finally was getting what his punishment was. After he took his marbles out and we had moved on I had to tell Charlie. This was of course in between hysterical laughter!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I giggled out loud...