Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baseball is back...

For the second year opening day was rained out last Saturday so we finally got to play our first game last night. It's gonna be a great season!
Wanna know why?
Were the Red Sox - oh yes the Red Sox!
Even our head coached put on an official Red Sox jersey (provided by the assistant coach of course) and wore it proud.
Tyler amazes me with everything he does but this one thing just tops it all. He NEVER gets nervous. NEVER. We watch other kids get up to bat and they just seem jittery, afraid, uninterested. Tyler is none of these. He just walks up, gets set and sends one out.
This is a trait I pray he keeps and I envy.
He did have a good game personally - 4 for 4 at the plate but the best part was something I actually missed seeing and am kicking myself for not paying attention.
He caught his very first pop fly! Then he and the second baseman collided which is when I took notice and thought ooohhhh are they ok? Then I heard someone say "did he catch it" so I of course think it is the other kid because Tyler had not ever done that so I say "did Avery catch it" and they say "no not Avery - Tyler" WHAT! I missed it! sad face. Oh well it was for a very worthy cause - I was helping a precious 3 year old find out how to get to the ocean in his Aladdin game......
Here is the one and only picture I got....it was dark and my camera doesn't like the dark.

Oh - we did win
11 - 4
Go Sox!

No comments: