Sunday, July 27, 2008

All By Himself!

I never thought these words would ever come out of my mouth
My husband fixed an electrical cord all by himself.
You heard right. All by himself!
Our dog is going through his chewing everything in site phase. If you leave it near him he will chew it to shreds. Unfortunately we forgot to let our special visitor in on this and she put him outside on his line and did not move EVERYTHING close to him away. So pool cord - chewed to shreds. She was completely devastated and called me crying. I told her it would be fine - I really didn't know how it was going to be but I just wanted her to feel better. I called Charlie and let him in on the news. He didn't have the same optimism.
So he started researching. After calling a friend he actually considered fixing it himself. I thought he was kidding and laughed out loud. I could tell by the hurt expression on his face he was serious. So Saturday afternoon we headed to the local Target and got the new plug. We got home and he told me what he was going to do like he actually knew what he was doing. I watched and encouraged - he needs a lot of that anyway but I figured while doing something this grand he actually deserved it!
He finished it. Plugged it in. It worked!
Miracles do happen. Now I have proof!

No comments: