Thursday, July 10, 2008

Say no!

I really have to learn to say no. I think I am getting in way over my head - again. I always get through it but it's a struggle. I am taking on something I know little about - communications. Charlie would probably agree with me too! As most people know I am VERY quiet. So quiet in fact my High School voted me "most quiet" for Senior Superlatives. Shocking I know. I just don't talk.
So now my no talking self is going to be on the PTA board for communications.....this should be very interesting. I have ideas, tons of them. I just don't always communicate them. I don't think anyone wants to hear them...I talk myself out of saying them because I don't want to look stupid. But then someone else will say the EXACT same thing I just talked myself out of saying and everyone is like - Susie what a GREAT idea! Wait, I had that idea too.....but too late, already been said and now if I say anything I will look like an even bigger idiot than I did before. I need some confidence. LOTS of confidence or this is going to be one painful year. I am excited to be on the board. I always believe that you can't complain about something and then do nothing to fix it. So feeling a lot of poor communication with the school last year I decided I would offer to help. Little did I know this would lead to being on the actual PTA Board. Silly me.
So pray for me. I need to learn how to speak up. I just don't like to be the center of attention and when you talk everyone looks at you!
I really need to learn how to say no. That is what the real problem is.

No comments: