Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Operation Charlie - Complete!

I have never been one to worry. I just don't. It drives Charlie crazy because he is the polar opposite. In fact his gift is finding the absolute worst case scenario and betting on it to happen. Today was no exception - for me that is. I realized today that I don't worry because when you lay it all at Jesus' feet - you don't have to. My prayer this morning was "I am ready".
Ready for whatever you have for us through this surgery.
Ready for any result this surgery has.
Ready for whatever I need to do to get Charlie through it.
Ready to let it all go and give it over to You.
Know what? God ROCKS!
The absolute best case scenario happened today. The surgery went off without any complications AT ALL. This is a first for Charlie. The surgery only took 2 1/2 hours. Another first. Charlie got to come home. Another first. I am just amazed what doctors can do in such a small incision. The doctor even tried to make it cosmetically "pretty". Not sure it looks all that pretty right now but again we are trusting....
I tried to get as many pictures as I could to take you through our day....
Here he is looking at these items like he doesn't know what to do with them....Hello - this was surgery #13!

Looking pretty in his new duds
waiting for the nurse to bring in the "happy juice"
After it was all done.....
Home on his comfy couch - with remote in hand. Not watching t.v. he just sleeps better with it.
Thank you to everyone who prayed, called, emailed and came by the last few days/weeks. This has literally been the most supported we have ever felt before a procedure. It is really great to have such wonderful people surround you and love on you when you need it the most.
And just to show he has a sense of humor - when we got in the car to go home the song on the radio was
"I'm all right, don't no-body worry 'bout me"
Funny God, Funny.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That is awesome! We'll keep Charlie's recovery in our prayers (and you since I know what having a recovering husband is like). : )

Keep us posted. And God does rock indeed.

Tabitha said...

We are so glad the surgery went well and the trouble maker is going to be okay. Look out, Charlie is full speed ahead!