Friday, July 25, 2008

Chase Daniel

I had the most amazing day ever.
I got to witness this little guy make his grand entrance into the world.
It was awesome.

I didn't think I was going to be able to be there but was happily surprised to be able to.
(big shout out to the boss! Thanks!)
I have NEVER been in a delivery room. Honestly I don't even know all the baby birthin lingo.
Case in point - I called my friend around noon to see how she was doing and to let her know that if she gave me enough advance I was going to get to come.
She said she was 5 cm dilated and 70% effaced.
What exactly is dilated and what the heck is effaced.
Anyway - she said she would call me around 6 or 7.
TONIGHT?
She cracked up.
Honestly I had no idea.
She said no silly when I am 6 or 7 cm dilated.
OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!
Again - what does that mean!?!?!?
So she said just be here at 1 he should be born around 2. So sure enough she started pushing around 1:30 and at 1:45 this little blessing entered their lives.
I will never forget it. I just looked at him and thanked God.

Precious. Just Precious.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So glad you were able to be there. He is precious and looks like Matthew to me.